Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Wrapup

What a great weekend. Saturday we hung out at home most of the day, went to a graduation open house, and then ran some errands. Nothing extraordinary, but we both had a really good day together. Randy got his grill put together, and here are some pictures of our first meal on it:



And, me being me, I noticed this:



Randy shook his head and told me, "You need to just get over this."

Yesterday we spent the day on a tour of homes in the Lansing area who have waterfalls and ponds. Randy's dream has always been to put a waterfall in our back yard, along with a pond. He's finally done pretty much everything else that he wants to do in the yard, so now he can start thinking of that. The tour gave us tons of ideas. Now all we need is a million dollars and we'll be good to go. Here are some of the areas we saw yesterday.




At one home, the owner told us to walk around and look at her prize winning hostas. Can you believe this?

While we were driving around, we talked about how since everything is so expensive now that we'll probably do more things like this. As Randy said, if we go somewhere, this is what we do, anyway. We drive around and look at stuff. So, we'll find things to see and do closer to home.


I'm off to Chicago for three days for work. As much as I love Chicago, I'll see very little of it as I'll be in conference rooms the whole time. But at least it's a change of pace, and I think all of us at work need that right now. We've had a lot going on lately, and I think getting out and hanging out together will do us all some good.

No comments: