Wednesday, November 26, 2008

MMMMMM...Carrot Cake

Here's my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner..... my world famous carrot cake.



Randy and I are drooling at the thought of cutting into this baby. In the morning I'll make some baked beans, and then we'll be ready to head out for turkey and the trimmings!

In other exciting news, Jack went outside and rolled in poop tonight, an extra special treat for Mr. Love to deal with. He (Jack, not Mr. Love - to my knowledge Mr. Love doesn't roll around in the back yard, poop or no poop) has never done that before, but it was dark, and well, sometimes a poodle just has to do what a poodle has to do.

I received my severance check today and quickly deposited it. Boy they took a lot of taxes out! Something to do with it being a bonus instead of regular pay, they say. Just what you need when you're out of work - more money being paid to the feds. Don't know if it will actually clear since LandAmerica declared bankruptcy this morning. So, the check is in the account, and we'll hold our breath for the next week to see if it sticks. Pray, oh, pray for us!

I did have the joy this afternoon of calling the unemployment agency again. Last week it took me 3.5 hours to get through, but today for some reason it only took 20 minutes. Luck must have been with me. So far I haven't seen a dime from the UC folks, but today they seem to have figured out whatever the holdup was and told me that a check will be cut next week. Thank goodness. Now I can get that Prada bag I've had my eye on.......

Well, it's an odd Thanksgiving here at Casa Willett, but we sure do still have a lot to be thankful for. We have each other, our health, and our mutts (even if one needs to stop rolling in the poop). Randy still has a job, and it looks like my unemployment is on its way, and so far we haven't had any huge emergencies that would suck away the money we need for our bills.

We have a supportive, loving group of family and friends around us, and we truly couldn't make it through this without you all. You know who you are, and you know how you have helped, and we appreciate you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: