Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hittin' The Road


Tonight I attended a card making/scrapbook night at our church. We've decided to make it a small group. Our church encourages everyone to join small groups to help get to know each other while coming closer to God through Bible study and informal worship time. This small group will be brought together by a common interest in card making and scrapbooking, but I think it will be good for me spiritually. We already started throwing out ideas of things we want to do and people we want to be sure to include. We even have some ideas for service projects we can do, and that makes me happy. I feel so blessed with all that I have, and I would like to combine my hobby with a way to help others as well.




Tomorrow I head to Chicago for a business trip. I like to leave early in the day so I can get there before traffic gets too crazy. We just have one day of meetings, but it will be a long day. I'm driving over there alone and will have another woman ride along with me when I return late Thursday. I'm glad I have someone riding back with me, because that drive can be really long after you've been in meetings all day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your church group sounds like it will be very nice and a creative way to bring your worship into each other's lives. Drive carefully home from Chicago.
Aunt Vickie