Friday, August 8, 2008

How I Love My Husband

Tonight I will share two stories about my husband. The first is shared only because he (reluctantly) agreed that I could put it on the blog. He's a good sport.

Last night we were talking about the Olympics starting and how we looked forward to the opening ceremony. Randy said, "I heard that the American flag is going to be carried by some little lost boy. I wonder what that's about." I didn't think I heard him right, so I said, "Yeah, I heard that a Lost Boy was carrying it. I think that's kind of cool. I wonder how that came about." Then Randy said something again about a lost boy, and although I can't really remember exactly what he said, it finally dawned on me that he thought they were putting some lost little boy in the opening ceremony, trying to find his parents. I explained to him what I knew about the Lost Boys of Sudan, and although I'm no expert, I did find it extremely funny that he thought they were putting a lost little boy in the parade. Don't you love Randy?

Now, on to the second story. This will show you one of the million reasons why I love my husband. I went to the grocery store tonight, right after work, along with pretty much everyone else in the city of Lansing. By the time I got through the store, I had an overflowing cart, and the lines were unbelievable. They were so bad that I took a picture with my phone and texted (is that a word?) to Randy, telling him I thought I'd be there a good hour trying to check out. Every line had at least 7 people in it.

About ten minutes later, as I was looking at the Brangalina babies in People, I look up and see my Mr. Love. I was so surprised. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he knew I'd be there forever, so he came to keep me company. He took charge, of course, and loaded all the groceries on the belt, loaded the cart, and loaded them in my car. When we got home, he brought them all in for me. Can I just tell you, I am the luckiest wife in the world!! I told him it meant so much to me that he came to keep me company. He said, "It was nothing." I corrected him....."It was SOMETHING to me."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You too are sickening!

Anonymous said...

What a guy!

Aunt D.

Anonymous said...

PS
To tell you how out of it I am, when you mentioned a "Lost Boy", I thought you mean either Corey Haim or Feldman was going to carry the flag!!!!

Aunt D.

Gayle said...

he's a keeper!!!