Sunday, August 3, 2008

Willett Family Vacation

What a great weekend we had. We spent three days in Holland with Randy's sisters and their families. We spend a weekend together every year, and it's always a blast. Randy's sister Tammi lives about an hour the other side of Chicago, so we try to pick a place that's central for all of us. Holland was a great place for us to visit, with a beautiful beach and lots of other things to do.







We really liked downtown Holland, but I have to say that we had the worst service ever at just about every place we went. Saturday's lunch about put us over the edge. Our server acted like she hated us from the minute we walked in. Her tips - or lack thereof - reflected her attitude.



Do you like our shirts? We got those last year. They say, "Willett Family Vacation" with all of our names listed on the back. This year we added buttons to show Holland and 2008.



One of the favorite things we did was to go to a place that had cosmic golf and laser tag. I had never played laser tag, but I've done paintball, and it's about the same thing. I was awesome at paintball, but it was years ago, so I wasn't sure how I'd do at laser tag. There were six of us that played, and we played another family of six. We got creamed by them, but, amazingly, I was our team's MVP with the best score! I know, I know, you would never think that I would be good at something like laser tag! I'm so uncoordinated that I can barely walk, yet for some reason I'm good at this. Go figure.


Randy's sister Kim came in dead last......




Randy's nephew Christian was too young to play, so his mom Tammi stayed in the arcade with him. He did a game similar to Wheel of Fortune and won 200 tickets in one spin! He was so excited.

All in all, it was a great weekend.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. it tells it all...

Aunt D.