Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Does 8 equal 10????

Went grocery shopping this morning at Super WalMart, my store of choice since they price match. I take in my competitor's ads, and I use them to save tons of money. Usually about half of what I buy is on sale SOMEWHERE, and all I have to do is show the ad, and I get the discounted price. Today I saved nearly $20 by doing that! Gotta love that WalMart!

Anyway, one item I purchased was a 10 pound bag of potatoes. As I was putting it in the cart, I noticed a scale right there in the aisle. I plopped that bag of taters on to the scale. It showed just under 8 pounds! I couldn't believe it. I figured there would be some wiggle room in there, but 20 percent? Please. So I picked out another bag that felt a little heavier, and, sure enough, it was just over 10 pounds.

Lesson learned: weigh those taters before you leave the store. Two pounds, out of ten, is a lot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice, Ms. Frugal Gourmet! ~Lisa

gertie said...

Always wondered how they could get those potatoes to come out to exactly 10 pounds. Good to check.