Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back To Work

Today was my first day back to work. It all happened very quickly, that's for sure!

I've accepted a temporary assignment working for a small company in Okemos. They're a scientific research firm that is in a state of transition, so they've hired me to do some HR work for them. Right now it's about a 3-4 week assignment, but you never know what will come out of it.

Even if it truly is just a few weeks, I'm so happy to be working again. It felt so good this morning to wake up and have a place to go. As I worked with the people there, I could feel my old energy returning. I was so engaged listening to all that they wanted to accomplish, and it was so nice to be able to help people again. It's going to be a really busy few weeks, that's for sure, but I can't wait.

Nothing much else going on. I'm still working on my swaps and have updated, yet again, my splitcoast stampers gallery (link to the right!). Randy's excited that his back is better and the weather is good, so he's out in the yard every chance he gets. Our lawn looks amazing, and the landscaping he did last year is really coming in nicely this year. I'll get some pictures this weekend and get them posted. I bought some ribs for the grill, and we plan to hang out on the patio and in the yard as much as possible, enjoying a nice long weekend. I hope you get the chance to do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lori on your new work assignment!! Hope you had a great holiday weekend.
aunt vickie