Saturday, May 16, 2009

She's Back!!!

It's nice to have life back to normal!!!

My dad has been going through some health issues, and, just like it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a village to heal my father. Poor guy had one thing after another for a few weeks, but I'm happy to report that it appears he's all better now. WHEW!

So, now an update on all things Willett. Question Number 1, as always, has the unfortunate answer of no, still no job yet for me. I keep plugging along hoping that one of these days something will stick. I have my moments of panic, but really, overall, I'm doing well. It helps that Mr. Love maintains a Pollyanna attitude and a calm demeanor, areas in which I am sorely lacking.

I keep getting rejected for jobs and, at times, I do take it personally. Then I'll watch a Dr. Phil or some other show and see someone just like me, without a job for months, first time ever, and just can't seem to find anything. That actually helps. It's a reminder that I'm not alone and that I can't control it.

So, even though I do spend a lot of time looking for a job, I also have been spending a lot of time scrapbooking. I've become addicted to making "inchies." If you would like to see what those are, check out my gallery on SplitCoast (there's a link in the right-hand column of this blog). I've also joined a number of online swaps, and I'm starting to get back some of the items we're swapping. It's a lot of fun.

Mr. Love's job is as secure as anything is right now, but actually they seem to be finding more ways to give him other duties to keep him busy. His entire plant has to take two weeks off between now and the middle of July, but he has the vacation time available so will use that. He's been home since Thursday and will go back to work Monday. He hoped to get a lot of yard work done, but we've been running around a lot and that cuts into his yard time.

We saw "Star Trek" at the IMAX theatre, and all I can say is WOW. I'm not a huge fan of the series, but I always have liked the movies. This one was the best by far, and seeing it on that huge screen was a thrill.

We did get over to get our tomato plants and other things for our garden, and he got those planted yesterday. He's making some changes to our garden this year, so once he has everything in place, I'll post some pictures.

So, that's the update. I'll try to do better at posting now that I have my head on straight.

No comments: