Sunday, May 31, 2009

Time Revisited This Weekend




This was SUCH a great weekend! I'm on Facebook, and through that, I've reconnected with a number of people from high school. I've also found that some of my old high school friends are also scrapbookers. We had a crop Friday and yesterday, so I invited them to come. I was so excited when they said yes!

Sue and Kathy were my friends when we were in band and marching band together. We had so many good times with that. Our band was awesome, and we were band dorks together. Sue came from Swartz Creek, and Kathy came from Kalamazoo. Kathy doesn't even scrapbook; she just came so we could see each other again! We sat and talked for hours, and it was just like we had been together a week ago. It didn't feel at all like it had been 29 years.

My other friend that came was Diane, who brought her mom along for the crop. Diane and I were very close in high school, and I don't think we've seen each other since the 10 year reunion. So, that would be 18 years since we were together. Just like with Sue and Kathy, it felt like Diane and I had never been separated. She's wonderful, and it made me realize how much I've missed her over the years.

It's so easy to let time get away, and I'm so grateful that we had the chance to get together like this and reunite at a happy time in our lives. So, here's to Kathy, Sue, and Diane! For sure it won't be another 20 or 30 years before we're together again.

No comments: