Sunday, January 20, 2008

Artsy Fartsy


Randy and I went to the theatre today and saw "Atonement." I am the one who selected the movie. Being the shallow, ADD person I am, I thought it was L-O-N-G. Great story, actually, but L-O-N-G. As the movie ended, I asked Randy if he was going to kill me for picking this one (since I usually pick horrible movies for him to endure). He really surprised me by saying he liked it. But of course he said if he's asked, he'll deny it since it's a chick flick.
If you like the artsy "Piano" kind of movies, you'll love this. For me, a great story can't overcome a movie that takes forever to get to the point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd try the comment section of the blog. So....

I wanted to see this movie but wondered about the artsiness of it. I think I'll wait for the video though because of the length. Thanks for the critique Lori Ebert:)

Carol

Lorabele said...

Randy says I'm the only person he's heard that didn't like it, so maybe it was just me. You'd think since I rarely go to a movie that I would be happy no matter what I saw, but I just couldn't get into it. I can't take walking across France for 30 minutes. We're walking, we're walking... OK, enough already, you're walking...I get it. We're walking, we're walking....

Lori