Thursday, January 31, 2008

At Least It's Clean



Day 12 of Sweatshirt Watch. You'll be pleased to learn that I was able to wash it last night, and he was forced to spend the evening in a different sweatshirt (complaining the whole time). Tonight, of course, it's back on, but it's clean.

The weather people are calling for up to 12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. Given their history of "over-exaggerating" (Randy Willett original word), we expect somewhere around 4 inches. Either way, I'm working from home tomorrow. That's one of the perks of my job at LandAm, and I love it. I've been working from home about once a week now, and it's great. Yes, I really do work. It's nice because when I have things to create or write, I can do it at home without interruption, except for the phones. I do have my work phone transferred to my cell phone, so that doesn't stop. But I can always let it go to voice mail and catch up later in the day. It's just nice to be able to be home in comfortable clothes. It's not at all unusual for people at LandAm to be at home, so even when the dogs bark, people don't bat an eye. I'm just glad they can't see me, especially when I'm working with bed head in my bathrobe.

Speaking of weather, I was talking with a guy in Dallas today. He told me that recently they predicted it would drop down to below freezing. In his thick accent, he said they had to keep cutting into the television shows to show weathermen standing beside the freeway talking about how cold it was. I about died laughing, thinking of what we in Michigan go through every day all winter long. He said he'd never make it up here. Even people at our headquarters in Richmonda, VA don't get it. Our head of HR couldn't believe we were predicted to get more snow. He said, "You just got a bunch of snow. You mean you're going to get more?" Like once you get snow, that's it for the year.

So, tomorrow will be a good day with lots of time to get caught up on things I want to do for work. I'm looking forward to it. Then, the weekend. That's the best part of working at home on a Friday.....when 5:00 comes, I close my laptop, and my weekend immediately begins.

Here's to Fridays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori and Randy,
I think I may be getting the hang of blogging (hopefully). If not let me know. Larry had to do our driveway by hand as our snowblower is in the shop getting repaired. That is a story in itself. I will not bore you with. He then went and did Grandma's and the sidewalks in front of the Singers and Pam's house. Needless to say he didn't get his housework done again. I know what you mean about the people from areas that do not have our weather. Even Dan has forgotten. He said he always liked the winter but doesn't know anymore. I tried to force him to take warm winter clothes like a jacket, gloves and such back to VA and he said Mom, I don't need it, bleieve me. If it snows and is cold it does not last long before it warms up again. They must have a short winter season.
Vickie