Friday, March 27, 2009

Wharton Center Roars

Tuesday night we went to "The Lion King" at Wharton, the final performance of this year's season. We saw the show last year for the first time and really liked it, so we were excited to see it again. It didn't disappoint.

The show really does have something for everyone to enjoy. This year our seats were fantastic, third row. I was actually seated on one of the aisles they put in just for this show. Naturally, me being me, no matter how much I tried to prepare, I was still started a couple of times as animals came running down the aisle next to me. At one point, I about jumped out of my seat as a hyena ran by, and Randy thought that was the funniest thing he'd ever seen. At least I didn't yell out foul cuss words like I do when I get scared watching movies.....yes, I confess....the worst words come right out when I'm startled. So, lucky for the children seated all around me, I was able to maintain this time.
The music was fantastic, the costumes were amazing.....just a great show. It's playing for the next couple of weeks, so please go if you get the chance.

No comments: