Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Have Paper, WIll Travel

So once again I've been absent from the blog. I've been tied up with lots and lots of scrapbooking. Last Thursday night I went to Houghton Lake with a couple of girlfriends. My friend Kathy has a cabin there, and we went up to scrapbook. It was the best! We stayed there until Monday afternoon, so we had tons and tons of scrapbook time. We did take time out to go to Buccilli's for pizza and also went down every night for the sunset over the water. Of course we also found time to go to Arnie's. I came home with a lot done, but I felt soooo relaxed. It was so nice to just have TIME without being scheduled every minute. We really enjoyed it.

Of course, since I was going to be gone that long, I packed everything I had in my craft room. We all had to drive separately since we brought so much stuff!










We hit it just right to see the beautiful color.









We all went up there for a weekend of scrapbooking last year, so this was our second year. We decided that we need to make this an annual event. Having both Friday and Monday off made it just long enough that we could really relax. We watched lots of chick-flicks movies, sang along with our IPODs, and even found time to read while we were there. We all started the "Twilight" series, and, oh boy is that ever something else. I finished the first one while we were there, and I can't wait to start the next one.

So I'm back home for a few days, back to work for three days, and then Friday I head to Okemos for yet another crop. This one is Friday through Sunday. I'm pretty much just keeping my car loaded up all week so I don't have to haul everything in and out. Well, let's just be honest here, it's so Randy doesn't have to haul it all in and out. Who are we kidding, anyway.

And speaking of Mr. Love, what did he do while I was gone? Well, he has too much time off built up at work, so his boss made him take some time off. He took off the old metal overhang over our back steps and built a new wooden one, and it's soooo nice. I'll get a picture to post of it. He also cleaned the house top to bottom. It looks great! He decorated the basement for Halloween. He ate the shepherd's pie I made for him before I left. I've learned that if I don't leave food for him, he won't eat while I'm gone. So, last Thursday, he came home to an empty house but sitting on the stove was still-warm shepherd's pie.

Last night we just hung out and watched "Cellular." What a movie. It was very, very good. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. Kim Basinger was outstanding in it. She sure does know how to act scared. She had me convinced!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time Randy has time off to spare, I would like him to head toward my house to clean it top to bottom.

Aunt D.