Friday, July 11, 2008

Best Show You've Never Seen


Sometime last year, I started getting really tired of the same old TV shows. I've actually cut back a lot from the number of shows I used watch, and I've changed what I watch. Last summer AMC came out with a new series called "Mad Men." I read about it somewhere, so I watched it when it started. I was hooked from the beginning.

"Mad Men" is the story of an advertising agency in the 1960's. They really try to be authentic. The men are executives, and they all have "girls" who are their secretaries. Everyone smokes and drinks in the office. They even show pregnant wives who smoke and drink! It's kind of a soap opera, with affairs going on, wives at home longing for their husbands, back stabbing.....all the good stuff we love in a TV drama.

The second season is going to start in a couple of weeks, and AMC is showing last season now. I also just saw that on our Comcast's OnDemand channel, they have the entire first season, free for viewing. If you've never heard of it or never watched it, give it a try. It's addictive. Each show got better and better, and the finale was really something.






No comments: