Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

We had a great weekend, with a good balance of having fun/being lazy and also getting some things done around the house. Friday night we went out to eat at Bravo, one of our favorite places. Randy kept saying he couldn't believe we went to a movie AND went out to eat in the same week. I guess we don't get out much anymore!

Saturday we visited with my grandparents for a while and ran some errands. I'm not really sure where the day went. Our friend Kathy stopped by to show us her new Acadia - very nice! I should have taken a picture for the blog.

We're going camping next weekend, so today we set up the camper to start getting that ready to go. What a mess. We didn't use it at all last year, and the previous year ended with us loaning it to some friends who seem to have left it quite trashed. We're getting it in shape, and we'll be ready to go on Friday. Our camper is one that the Willett family used when Randy was a kid. It's all green and gold inside, very Brady Bunch. It's so cool. We even have the original lamp they used in there. I think it has a hippo or something on it.

So why am I camping? Me, the girl who thinks ruffing it is staying somewhere with no room service? Well, I have quite a few cute things related to camping for some scrapbook pages, so we need to camp so I can scrapbook the pages. I know, it's a sickness. Randy just shakes his head. But at least he gets to go camping.


Randy painted our front steps today, using paint mixed with grit. Hopefully that will help them from getting so slippery when it rains or snows. The brown looks really nice. He also installed lighting on them, which will go well with the other lights we have out front now. He's really into this lighting phase, and I love it.


Here are some pictures I took this morning of flowers we have in the front bed.




And finally, look at how huge our tomato plants have grown! In the past week, they've grown more than a foot. I couldn't believe how big they were. I made Randy stand next to them to show their height. Doesn't he look thrilled to have to do this???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He probably doesn't look thrilled because you interrupted him from whatever project he was engaged in. See that power tool in his right hand?? One must never interfer with a man and his power tools.

Have fun on your camping adventure!

Anonymous said...

I Love it! Going camping to get the scrap page done! Thats my kinda scrap buddy!

Happy picture taking! Oh I'm sorry camping.

Sue B.