Monday, December 15, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I find that the longer I'm off work, the more time I'm wasting, with things like this.....




Ladies, is there anything better than Fa La La La Lifetime? It's a month of Christmas-themed chick flicks, hosted by Carson Kressley. I watch the same movies every year, and I still love them. They add a few new ones in here and there, and that's a real treat for we faithful viewers.

Then there's THIS little problem I've developed.....


It's an MTV "reality" show about 20 year olds in LA. I can't believe I watch it, and I really can't believe I'm starting to care about whether Audrina will ever get back with Justin Bobby. And don't get me started in the supposed Mexican wedding of Spencer and Heidi (aka "Speidi").

I need a job - quick.

And yes, I do other things besides watch TV. Yesterday I made cookies and am now trying to get them out of the house as quickly as possible. We don't need those sweets sitting around here tempting us. But boy were they good!

Mr. Love has been holed up in the man cave working on chocolate orders, and it sure is hard to walk through there these days. It smells just like heaven. He's gone tonight, so maybe I'll just head down there and pull up a chair.

But I'm tired of looking like this............



And am working towards looking like this..............



OK, so I'll never look exactly like this, but I can look better than I do now. I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal weight and hope to be there by summertime. So tonight I'll stay away from the chocolate shop and remember that as my friend Kathy says, "Nothing tastes as good as it feels to be skinny!"

No comments: