Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shout Out to the Soul Patrol!




Wow, I didn't realize when I posted my review of "Grease" how it would stir interest from the Soul Patrol (aka Taylor Hicks fans). I appreciate all the traffic on my blog the last couple of days. It's been fun to see where everyone is coming from when they hit my blog.

So, here's the scoop. Yes, I'm a fan of Taylor Hicks. I watched his season of AI and cheered for him from the beginning. I have to confess, I actually did call in and vote for him once or twice. Can't say I've ever done that for any other AI contestant, but I really wanted Taylor to win. There was just something about that squirrely dance he does that drew me in.

Another confession, though, is that when I heard he was playing Teen Angel, I was disappointed. It seemed like a step backwards for him. But, after seeing the show, I see how perfect he was in that role, and I see why they wanted him. He was a perfect fit.

In my original posting, I neglected to say that he did play the harmonica several times during "Grease," and it was classic Hicks. He does his little Hicks dance when he plays, and it rocks.

So, for those of you who are Taylor Hicks fans, you will not be disappointed with him in "Grease." For those of you who aren't big fans, I think you'll still like the show and his performance - he really does bring down the house.

Grease is the word is the word is the word........




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorabelle. what a nice blog you have. Well of course, like you, the Soul Patrol loves to hear good news about Taylor's performances. Appreciate that you shared. Would like to invite you to come join in the fun we have at the Boogie Community. http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=19754
We keep real good track of our Mr. Hicks, Videos, Photos and anything else we can find. Also you may want some of his Christmas Music to share with your online guests.
Give us a holler!! Merry Christmas...and Soul Patrol!!
Blondi