Monday, February 9, 2009

Back Into the Routine

It's Monday, and things are back to normal. I was in Okemos the last three days, scrapbooking with the girls. It was so much fun. I was FINALLY able to start working on my heritage album, and I made some good progress on it. I can't wait for the family to see it. I've learned so much by doing this, and it's been a lot of fun to put it all together. I've still got so much more to do, but I'm on my way.

I haven't been blogging much because I haven't had much to say. The days are pretty much all the same, with a few hours each day devoted to searching for a job. Then I have all of the other exciting things to do like dishes, dinner, laundry, etc. After a while, there's not much to blog about unless I rant and rave about the latest episode of "Real Housewives" or "Young and Restless" (does anyone else believe Brad really isn't dead?).

Last week we did go see "The Color Purple" at the Wharton Center. It was incredible. I never thought it would be that good. The girl who played Celie stole the show. She was a little bit of a thing and when she opened her mouth to sing, she brought the house down. By the end of the show, most of the women (and some of the men!) shed a few tears to see the sisters reunited. I'm so glad we were able to see the show. We had great seats, and it was a great night out.

No comments: