Friday, February 13, 2009

Yes, You Can Get Shingles On Your Butt

This cracks me up.

A few months ago, I installed a tool bar on my blog. It tracks people who visit. I don't know who they are or anything, but it tells me where they are and how they got there. For instance, it will tell me someone in Lansing came directly to my blog. That means they either typed in the name of the blog or have it marked as a "favorite."

If someone finds my blog by a google search, it tells me that as well. It also tells me what they were searching for when they found my blog. So, if someone searched for "Lori Willett," they could then find my blog, and I would know how they found it.

Remarkably, the number one way new people find my blog is by conducting a Google search for "shingles on my butt." Nearly every day, someone finds my blog by using that search! It's happened so many times that my blog is now the #1 search result from the CNN search page!

I don't know that what I blogged when I had shingles would be particularly helpful to anyone else, but I hope that those visitors enjoy the blog nonetheless.

No comments: