Monday, March 3, 2008

Another Cropy Weekend

I was in Houghton Lake this past weekend, scrapbooking with the girls again. We should have known we were in trouble when it took us over three hours to get there Friday morning due to snow. It's a two-hour drive at the most, normally. There was only one lane open on the freeway, and I hate passing when the left lane is covered with snow. So it was slow going.

It was the first time we went to a crop at that location (Quality Inn), and boy was it nasty. The food was bad, the hotel was smokey....just not a good setup at all. Our room and bathroom seemed clean, but I wouldn't want one of those Dateline crews to come through with the black lights to see what was really on the carpet and bedding.

But we did have a lot of fun scrapbooking, and I got a lot done. Here are some pictures from the weekend:

I brought WAAAAAY less this time, only a couple of totes and a couple of paper holders and a few smaller items. With the smaller vehicle, I had to cut back. I kept telling myself, "You're going away for a weekend. You're not moving." It's just so hard to only bring a little!




This was the view of the room from my seat. It was a wide open space, located between the pool and the lobby. Although there was no smoking in the crop room, there WAS smoking in the pool and lobby, so we would get waves of it. Nasty. And then we'd have people cutting through the room going to and coming from the pool. I kept waiting for one of the darling children to drip on my $3,000 worth of paper, but it never happened.



This was dinner Friday night. Meatballs and tiny, tiny wraps that we thought were chicken ceaser. Wrong. It was cut up chicken, lettuce, and gobs of mayo in a tiny, tiny wrap. Yuk. For some reason they didn't think we needed normal plates, so they brought us coffee cup saucers. It was fun watching everyone trying to balance about 7 of them at a time just to get enough food for one meal.




Deb won this... I can't remember what she did to win it. Probably sang a song or something. That Deb, you just can't stop her from singing if there's a microphone around (kidding..she'll kill me for that!).



Do you like my paper necktie? It was a total accident. I was cutting paper for a layout, and when I looked at what I had left, it was that. I made Deb take a picture of me so you could see it since I'm sure it's so interesting.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your tie is very attractive and tell Deb I am expecting her to sing for us at our next meeting. Shall I bring the karoake machine???
Vickie