Saturday, March 29, 2008

Auctioning Off An Era

Today was a long day for my family. My grandparents are no longer able to live by themselves, so they live in adult foster care in Webberville. Since there's no possibility of their returning to their home, we had an auction today and sold everything. It was a long day, and it was tough to see everything they had be carted away, mostly by strangers. But we made the best of it, and Grandma was a real trooper. She watched it all, and I was amazed at how strong she was through the whole day. Here are some pictures of the day.









This is Randy, my dad Glenn, and my Uncle Larry.

Here's Grandma and her good friend and former neighbor, Pam. Grandma was so happy to see Pam again.

Here's my Aunt Darla and my mom Shirley. I call her Squirrely. From an old country song that Dad used to sing, and somehow it's stuck in my brain forever.


Aunt Darla's BFF Gwen (hiding behind the card) and Aunt Darla.


Aunt Vickie and Uncle Larry.


Handsome, handsome man. I wonder if he's taken.



Grrrrrrr.




Me and Squirrely.

We had great weather for March, but that mud was something else.


This picture looks sad, with Grandma looking out the window at everything, but actually she stayed in good spirits all day.


Me bidding.


What I won. I was determined to get that orange phone.



It was hard to watch all the stuff get carted away at the end of the auction.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life changes can be difficult but there's something like an old orange telephone that can make it a bit easier:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures Lori.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures Lori.
Aunt Vickie