Monday, March 17, 2008

Another Week, Another Crop

Where did last week go??? Randy got sick, so he was out of it for a couple of days. He's better now, but only after I force fed him cold medicine. What is it about men and their refusal to take anything? I'd make him take it and then send him to work with more, and he'd come home with it in his pocket, saying he didn't feel well. Hmmmm...wonder why. He did actually stay home from work one day, so I guess it finally sunk in that he needed some rest.

I headed to Okemos again on Friday for another crop. Of course, I took everything I owned. I wish I could come in with a couple of things and just be happy with that, but I don't know how else to do it. When we went to Houghton Lake, I brought a lot less stuff, and I kept thinking, "Boy, I wish I had this...or that...." The bad thing is now I have to spend tonight unpacking. But it's our last crop for a while, so at least once I get unpacked it will stay in place for a while.

Friday night we had our downline meeting at the hotel. I have three people I've recruited into Stampin' Up, and we've been getting together once a month. This was our regular meeting. Deb and I had booked a suite, so we had lots of room. It was funny to me that the hotel was booked, so all we could get was a smoking room or a suite, and they were the same price. No brainer...we got the suite and it was sweet. Yes, I'm witty.

Here are pictures from the downline meeting.









My name got drawn at the crop, so I was Queen for a while. I got to wear the lovely jewels and sit in a comfy chair.



And, as usual, I have to brag about my wonderful husband. He showed up Friday night with blueberry muffins for us. He had just made them and brought them over. Then, on Saturday, he showed up with his famous pretzels covered in caramel and chocolate. I'm not exaggerating one bit to tell you that within 2 minutes, there were only three pretzels left. Those things are melt in your mouth delicious. Then, he ended up coming back later Saturday night so he and I could sit in the hot tub together. And, of course, come Sunday, he was there to pack me up and haul it all home, where he brought it all in the house for me. And you know what else? I came home to a spotless house, and dinner was baking in the oven.

You know, I'm sure my mother had all but given up on me when I turned 40 and wasn't married. But I think we all agree that my Mr. Love was worth the wait. I am one lucky wife, and I know it.

No comments: