Friday, January 16, 2009

Funniest Things I've Seen on TV

A couple of years ago, my friend Laura had us all about dying of laughter when she revealed she had actually ranked things she saw on TV in order of how funny they were. That was recently brought back up when I posted on Facebook that the Christmas episode of "Big Bang Theory" was the funniest thing I had ever seen on TV.

It got me thinking about the things that have really cracked me up over the years. Here are a few of my favorite TV memories, the ones that had me absolutely dying of laughter.

Carol Burnett: When she came down those stairs wearing the curtains WITH THE CURTAIN ROD STILL IN THEM, I about fell out. Come on, who's better than Carol Burnett?

Bosom Buddies: They guys are trapped in a cabin in a snow storm. They're whittling. Peter Scolari whittles a Farrari with doors that open and close, and poor Tom Hanks whittles the bark off a stick and calls it an albino snake.

Soap: When the grandpa comes down the basement steps dragging that plastic dog. Oh my God I thought I was going to die.

Taxi: When Jim is taking his driving test and trying to cheat. He asks, "What does it mean when a traffic light turns yellow?" Alex whispers to him, "Slow down." Jim begins to repeat the question over and over again, each time going slower and slower. Honest to God it will make you keel over laughing.

Big Bang Theory: When Sheldon opens his Christmas gift from Penny, which is an autographed napkin from Leonard Nimoy. When he discovers that Nimoy actually wiped his mouth with the napkin, he exclaims, "I have Leonard Nimoy's DNA? All I need now is an ovum and I can grow my own Nimoy!"

So, what are your favorite funny TV moments? What made you laugh so hard you couldn't even hear the TV? Post your answers as a comment - I can't wait to see what you come up with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.When Lucy is baking home made bread, but puts too much yeast in it. When she opens the oven door, the bread comes out in a MASSIVE loaf and traps her up against the wall!

2. In "F-Troop" whenever Corp. Agarn said, "Who says I'm dumb?"

3.Seinfeld, when Jerry is running after the little old lady to get the last loaf of marble-rye bread.

4.The first time I saw Chris Farley as Matt Foley, the motivational speaker.

5. The SNL dancing sketch with Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze.

6. Not TV, but at the movies, when I kept asking Lori, "Do you know who that is...?" pointing to an actor on screen and with her answering several times, "Who is it?" Then finally me saying, "THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW!"

Aunt D.

Anonymous said...

1. An episode of "Coach" when Hayden and Christina were trying to get pregnant. Hayden had to wear a water pouch to either keep his semen warm or cold. I don't remember which. Anyway, he went on Christina's show and the pouch broke so it looked like he peed his pants. He was so embarrassed. Christina confinced him to come back on the show with other men who were having the same semen problem. One guy was "manager of the yarn barn."

2. On Seinfeld when Jerry got the haircut of a 5 year old boy.

Carol

Anonymous said...

1. Barney Fife, on The Andy Griffith Show, explains the rules to two new prisoners from out of town: "Here at The Rock, we have two basic rules. Memorize them so you can say them in your sleep. Rule One: Obey all rules! Second, do not write on the walls...as it takes a lot of work...to erase writing...off of walls."

2. Not properly a TV show, but a Bill Cosby stand-up special on HBO where he talks about the love relationship between the guy with hangover and the toilet god.

3. Chuckles the Clown (the star of WJM's children's show) is hired as the grand marshal for a circus parade, after news anchor Ted Baxter is ordered by Lou Grant to turn it down. Chuckles is to dress in character as Peter Peanut. Unfortunately, Chuckles is spotted and trampled by an elephant.

Okay I have to stop I'm laughing to hard just remembering.

Thanks for taking us back to the good ole days!

Sue B.