Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Historical Moment


Yesterday the TV was full of Obama's swearing in ceremonies. It was really something to see. I can't say that I watched it all, after all how many hours can you watch secret service men standing next to a waiting car? But I did catch things here and there, and I did watch the actual swearing in ceremony.

WOW. It was very moving. The sea of people, the emotion clearly evident on the faces of those around him....... this was a day I didn't know if I would ever see for our country.

I pray for the entire Obama family and hope that he has what this country needs to help us recover from the hole we've dug ourselves into. I don't know why anyone would want to be President right now, but I'm thankful that he volunteered. We need help, and I hope that he can turn this around.

So, Mr. President, welcome to your new home and your new job. May God bless you with the wisdom you will need over the next four years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know everyone is expecting great things from President Obama, but honestly, he is walking into so many problems,I do not expect any
changes for quite a while.

I can only imagine how nervous and excited he was yesterday.I wonder if he and his family even slept the night before... I did get a chance to see some of it at work---my gal Aretha did us proud. And I loved her hat!

Aunt D.