Monday, January 19, 2009

Job Search Monday




Last night we saw "Legally Blonde" at the Wharton Center. We really liked it, and judging from the crowd reaction, everyone else liked it, too. It was certainly a lively crowd!

We received an e-mail prior to the start of the show's run at Wharton, and it said the lead actress had either gotten sick or had an accident. She wouldn't be able to perform at all, so they brought in the actress who made the show famous on Broadway. We were very impressed with her. She was perfect for that role, and boy could she sing and dance.

It was the end of a pretty quiet weekend at home. I stayed in my craft room scrapbooking most of Saturday, and that was a lot of fun. I also have been busy revising my resume, and I finally have it in a format that I'm happy with. I'm lucky to have some great people around me who are willing to help me with that, and their input has been invaluable.

So, armed with my shiny new resume, I spent nearly seven hours on the computer today trying to find a job. I posted my resume everywhere, sent it to tons of recruiters, and then I also applied for several posted positions.

The job search is dragging for me. I have had two interviews that I haven't heard back from yet, but I'm not of the belief that I'll be offered either position. So, I need to spend all of my time and energy getting out there and finding that perfect position for me. I know it's out there...... I just have to keep digging until I find it.


No comments: