Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Death of Numb Butt

Had my follow-up doctor's appointment today, and she declared the shingles emergency has been resolved. Yay! Based upon my age and the fact that we got me on the drugs so fast, I never really got the bad shingles that everyone talks about. Mine are 75% gone, and I really didn't have much to begin with. So, I dodged that bullet and am very happy about that!


But, I do feel the need to confess something. I've become Zsa Zsa's long-lost sister.....






Could ANYONE say this is a good look? Here's what happened..... as the weather turned cold, I decided I should carry a hat in my car, just in case I have car trouble or something. I saw this hat, and I saw that it was the same color as my coat. Truthfully, I didn't pay a bit of attention to what the hat really looked like; I just saw the color. I bought it. I threw it in the car, and it stayed there until last Sunday. You remember last Sunday.....I was scrapbooking and it was a wind chill of 20 below.

So, after Randy packed up my junk in my car, I put on my hat and sunglasses for the drive home. On the way out of the hotel, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror in the hotel hallway. I stopped in my tracks and about died laughing. I could not believe that I had put this all on and didn't realize I was looking like a long-lost Gabor sister. All I needed was red lipstick smeared all outside of my lip line, and I'd be good to go.

So, the hat is being retired....the glasses are staying. I've always known they look dorky but don't care. I keep imagining that someone will mistake me for one of the Hilton sisters.

A girl's gotta dream.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

OMG love love love the glasses and hat combo!!! Any you are much to young to be a gabor sister!! I just discovered your blog!! You are too funny! But now you need to change your blog picture to this one, cuz when i sign in the next time I won't recognise you!!!

L. CONNER said...

And you shall be called:

So "Not Not Gabor!!"

Anonymous said...

I had these furry earmuffs that Larry and Nick just hated. They said they were goofy. I finally lost them. The pair I have now I even think are goofy. But, I dress for warmth and comfort these days. Vickie