Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Thoughts

Everyone knows I have the world's best husband, right??? Well, here's one reason why....

Yesterday was the last day of the scrapbook crop. It was scheduled to end at 5:00 PM. The weather yesterday was unbelievable. It was about zero degrees with a wind chill of about 20 below. I went outside to put a couple of things in the car around noon, and it actually hurt to be outside, even for a few seconds.

As the day went on, I dreaded more and more the thought of having to haul all that stuff out to my car. Around 4:15, I turned around, and there was Randy. He came over to pack me up and load my car. I couldn't believe it. My knight in shining armour! He loaded everything for me, and all I had to do was walk out to my warm car and drive home. And, of course, once we got home, he unloaded everything for me. Can you believe what a great guy he is???!?!?

Now, one thought I want to share about the Holiday Inn in Okemos. It was truly a great place to stay, not at all a traditional Holiday Inn. That being said, I did notice one really odd thing. In the room was a sign that said, "For the convenience of our guests, this room has been designated as non-smoking."

"convenience?"

It may be at the request of guests, or for the health and well being of guests, but I don't see how making a room non-smoking is convenient. Odd choice of words, and truthfully I'm probably the only person in the world who would even take the time to notice it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I hope Randy was sufficiently rewarded. What a sweetie pie!

Anonymous said...

Randy is a keeper. Lucky girl you are.
Vickie