Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Numb Butt!

This is my doctor.



This is my doctor's office.


Today is the day I was diagnosed with shingles. Oh, joy.

When I got home from work yesterday, I discovered that I had a swollen area right where my butt meets my leg. It was about the width of two fists, and it was totally numb. It was so weird. It didn't hurt, but it was pretty swollen. As the night went on, it started to get hot, but still numb. I decided to have my friendly doctor check it out, and I was surprised to hear it was shingles. I guess during periods of stress (can you say "SPHR test??!?!"), your body can revolt by providing you with shingles. I caught it really early, so hopefully it won't be that bad. I have horse pills to take for a week, and I have to stay home the next couple of days. Once again I'm so thankful I have a job I can do from home so I don't have to waste vacation or sick days.

You know, we've had a lot of stress and drama so far this year, but when I look around, I'm still so grateful for all we have. There are certainly worse things in life, and this will pass. So far the worst thing about this was having to bare my backside for the exam. What fun that was!

I just have to say, thank goodness I passed that test. If I'm going to go through this much for it, at least I have the test results to tell me it's worth it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Shingles for your birthday! What an unusual present!

Hope you are feeling butter...ah, better soon.

Have a great birthday despite this setback!

Love,
Aunt D.

Anonymous said...

PS
I want to see YOUR birthday pictures posted!!!

Aunt D.

redmaryjanes said...

Girlfriend!

It's great to hear from you! I didn't know that you read my blog. To be honest, I get a lot of help with it. Tim is fantastic. I also have quite a few girlfriends who are designers who make headers for me. They could also do an all-over design for you that you wouldn't have to change out.
I get restless, so I like a lot of change.
Tim and I could come over one night and help you and I could get you in touch with two of my girlfriends who could help with a design. They have very different styles, so you'd have to choose who you liked best.
It would be great to catch up, so just let me know.

Anonymous said...

That is a heck of a B-day present. I didn't realize you get numb with Shingles. I thought it was itchy for some reason. Relax and take it easy. Don't let the drama get to you.