Friday, February 8, 2008

Out of the House - FINALLY

As I type this, I'm sitting in the Holiday Inn in Okemos, just about 7 miles from home. I'm here with 41 other scrapbookers, and we're taking over one of their meeting rooms for the weekend. My friend Deb and I have booked a room so we don't even have to drive home. We got here around 10:00 this morning, and we'll be here until 5:00 Sunday evening.

When I first started scrapbooking, my sister-in-law Tammi invited me to go to a scrapbook expo where she lives, outside of Chicago. It was a great day. As we were leaving, we saw a line of women coming in. They were bringing their scrapbook items in to spend the evening scrapbooking at the expo. While most of the women had one rolling tote of things, one woman had two rolling totes. Oh, how I made fun of her. I couldn't believe someone would haul that much stuff to a scrapbooking event.

Here's what I brought this morning:





Seven rolling totes

Three plastic suitcase-like containers

One large pink scrapper's bag

One lunchbox-type tote

Two large, heavy, full to the brim plastic containers with handles that only my husand can lift (full of paper)

One laptop case

Six scrapbooks, some empty, some full

One light

One mat

One suitcase

So, my lesson learned is that it seems every time I shoot my mouth off and make fun of someone, I find that eventually I become that exact person...... or worse. Right now, I can't imagine only bringing two totes to a crop. I may have brought too much, but I'll use it, and I'll be glad it's here.

Later I'll post more pictures of the room, once everyone gets off work and gets here. This is going to be a blast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, Is all I can say. I saw how much you or Randy loaded into the Equinox one weekend. I don't even own that much let alone take that much to an event.
Vickie

Anonymous said...

HIIII!!!

~Kelsey!