Monday, February 18, 2008

TV Room Projects

When we remodeled the basement, I envisioned an east coast beach feeling....whitewashed walls, faded blues......

Randy wanted no part of that. It was "THE MAN CAVE," and it was going to look like it. We went round and round and ended up with a MAN CAVE we can both live with, but it's not my beach retreat.

Last year we transformed our den into a TV room, and we picked up some furniture from my parents that have that beach feeling I was looking for. I'm just now getting around to decorating the walls in the room, and here's what I've come up with so far:

It's a shadow box that doesn't have a glass front. It's 12x12, the perfect scrapbook size. The picture was taken two years ago in Arcadia at sunset. That's Lake Michigan in the background. I've always liked that picture of us.

And here's a clock I decorated, to match the scrapbook page:


So, the room is headed in the New England beach direction with these colors. I've got a few more ideas of things I want to do to complete the look, so stay tuned.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Lori, you are very creative and your projects are all so beautiful. Can't wait for the next update.
Vicke